Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
All Collector’s Series® drums are handcrafted in Oxnard, California with the same passion and imagination that ignited a custom drums revolution.
Each custom Collector’s Series kit begins with a dream. DW shapes that dream into an instrument with the finest materials, legendary craftsmanship, and hand-applied finishes. The result is a look and sound you’d always dreamt of.
DW’s dynamic range of hand-selected tone woods and Specialized Shell Configuration (SSC) are the foundation to build your unique sound.Woods
DW offers the finest hand-selected woods for drummaking from around the globe.Specialized Shell Configuration (SSC)
DW layers plies cut to different grain orientations—horizontal, vertical, and diagonal (X-shell)—to lower the fundamental pitch of shells, maximize resonance, and produce a complete instrument.
"Our most popular shells."
John Good's SSC Maple:
- Learn about John Good's recommended Maple shell configuration from the "Wood Whisperer" himself.
- Learn more.
- Nine-ply Maple shells offer lower fundamental pitch for signature DW punch, warmth, and resonance.
Collector's Series Maple Mahogany Hybrid Wood Shell:
- Maple / Mahogany.
- Fuse the classic warmth and punch of North American Maple with the darker tonality of Mahogany.
From FinishPly™ to hand-sprayed lacquer or satin oil, all DW kits can be customized with finishes to make it yours.
DW combs the planet for the most beautiful exotic woods to grace the exterior of your drums. Choose the veneer, DW brings out the luster.Shell Sizes
Sizing helps players emphasize or control tonal qualities, while providing a visual aesthetic for musical genres.Hardware Options
DW drum hardware keeps shells tuned and true, but they’re also available in a variety of colors to enhance the aesthetic of your customized drums.
Collector’s Series® turret lugs offer an iconic design, while holding tuning and distributing tension to prevent warping. These lugs and all Collector’s Series® drum hardware are available in five color options.
Some drum tones are iconic, so the DW Custom Shop used their decades of tonal expertise to curate shells for specific musical styles.
- Revives big band-era tone with modern shell construction and hardware innovations.
- These shells produce the vintage qualities of the Classics Series with focused tonality in a 7-ply construction.
- Hybrid Gum shells deliver warm refined tone suitable for bebop to fusion in live and studio environments.
- DW’s original, all-Maple shell formula returns with modern craftsmanship and innovations.