Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The Cloven Hoof is the Hoof’s evil twin. It looks a lot like the Hoof, only more, um . . . Cloven.
We kept the tightness and clarity you loved about the Hoof, along with the wide range of fuzz sounds, and threw the rest away. NOS Germanium transistors? Nope! In their place, we installed a set of four specially selected Silicon transistors for cleaner cleans, higher gain, improved temperature stability, and a grittier, grindier, nastier fuzz tone with over 4x the gain of the original Hoof. We also replaced key resistors with NOS Carbon Comp components to sprinkle a little bit of vintage flavor into the Cloven Hoof’s searing fuzz fury. It’s like they always say, “In with the old, out with the new.”
The Tone and Shift controls remain intact, only now they’re re-voiced for a smoother sweep, and more precise control over the Cloven Hoof’s beefy low-end. Speaking of low-end, have you heard this thing on bass? Wow. Try the Cloven Hoof on a bass guitar. Seriously. Trust us. You can still cut or boost the mids, and there’s still a metric ton of output on tap, just do us a favor, and for the love of all that’s Cloven, play this pedal with a bass guitar.
1. Shift: This adjusts the mid content. Clockwise for scooped mids,
counterclockwise for boosted.
2. Tone: Bass to the left. Treble to the right
3. Level: Use this control to make the Cloven Hoof louder or quieter.
4. Fuzz: Clockwise for heavy, counterclockwise for light.
- Current Draw: 14 mA
- Input Impedance: 150 k(Ohms)
- Output Impedance: <10 k(Ohms)
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay-based switching. Audio will not pass without power.
- Power: This device can be powered by a 9v battery or a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!