Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
There are two ways to look at the JHS Pedals Emperor Analog Chorus/Vibrato pedal. One is as a vintage-correct effect that absolutely nails the hard-to-find sound of the Arion SCH-1. The other is as a do-it-all modulation solution whether you want a subtle sheen, convincing rotary simulation, or seasick vibrato. We suggest you pick the latter. The Emperor utilizes a Bucket Brigade 3207 chipset to deliver the warmth of ‘80s-style analog chorus pedals. And then we added enough onboard and outboard control to put you in command of every aspect of the Emperor’s voice. Whether spreading its warm chorus tones to a pristine-sounding stereo rig or utilizing an external expression pedal to cop realistic rotary speaker sounds on a blues gig, the Emperor can do it all.
Oh so much modulation
We call the Emperor an analog chorus/vibrato. But that’s just because calling it a true analog chorus/pitch vibrato with tap tempo/waveform selection/rotary speaker simulation/true stereo output/and more pedal would have been a pain to write every time.
- The glorious tones of a real-deal, 3207 chipset bucket brigade topology
- Mini toggle switch selects between chorus and vibrato effects
- Three available waveform types (sine, square, and triangle)
- Intuitive controls for Volume, Tone, Speed, and Depth
In-depth tempo control
To control the rate of the Emperor’s effect, simply turn the Speed knob up and down or tap the tap tempo footswitch. Or for the more adventurous among us...plug in an expression pedal for variable control in real time. And you can even slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
- Control the rate with the onboard Speed knob or tap tempo footswitch
- Internal Tap/Exp mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (works great with our Panther Cub Delay and Unicorn pedals).
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
A few extras
You knew your friends at JHS would throw in a few extra features for you, didn’t you? Of course we did. When designing the Emperor, we conveniently and inconspicuously tucked in stereo output and the ability to select between buffered or true-bypass operation.
- Plugging TRS splitter cable into the output jack is all it takes to wring true stereo output from the Emperor
- Internal switch changes from buffered to true-bypass operation**
- High-quality buffer helps drive long cable runs and in-depth pedal setups while restoring high-end loss
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes less than 100mA, and measures 4.7"x3.7"x1.2"
There are a lot of penguins out there but only one Emperor.