Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Introduced in 1978 among the earliest models in the BOSS compact series, the orange DS-1 redefined the sound of distortion and remains as influential today as ever. Its hard-edged attack and smooth sustain have made it the best-selling compact effect to date, and its distinctive tone is behind the signature sounds of a long list of rock and alternative icons. With the DS-1W, this legendary stomp joins other BOSS classics in the Waza Craft series, fusing the look and character of the original with a newly revised discrete all-analog circuit for expanded range and versatility.
- Special edition Waza Craft pedal for the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Newly revised two-stage gain circuit with discrete analog components
- Standard mode delivers the legendary sound of the original DS-1
- Custom mode provides fatter distortion tones with focused midrange and increased touch response
- Versatile Tone knob provides wide-ranging frequency control fine-tuned for each mode
- Two modes offer increased versatility when the pedal is used as a gain booster
- Premium buffer for clean and clear tone when bypassed
- BOSS five-year warranty
The DS-1 instantly impacted the guitar world when launched, introducing a fresh new high-gain sound with aggressive, well-defined distortion rich in harmonic overtones. Over four-plus decades, leading players in hard rock, metal, grunge, and fusion genres have adopted the pedal for their core sounds. The classic edge of the DS-1 can be heard on countless famous tracks, both as a prime distortion for clean amp platforms and a boost to drive gained-up tube amps into controlled mayhem.