Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Get classic ‘50s & ‘60s -inspired Gretsch sound and style with the all-new Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body guitars. Crafted with essential Gretsch hollow-body sound, style and playability, these no-nonsense guitars are your next-step Gretsch.
The G5422TG Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body Double-Cut with Bigsby® and Gold Hardware features a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, as well as all-new trestle block bracing to help reduce unwanted feedback. By increasing rigidity and contact between the top and back of the body, the new trestle block design also results in the sound having a faster attack with more focus, snap, and increased sustain. Coupled with all-new FT-5E Filter’Tron™ pickups, this hollow build’s voice explodes with huge full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition.
An all-new Classic “C”-shaped maple neck offers a more comfortable playing feel for improved playability and performance, and is topped with a 12”-radius laurel fingerboard.
Alive and resonant, this G5422TG also features a versatile upgraded control layout including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-position pickup toggle switch, oversized bound F-holes, multi-ply body binding, smaller late-'50s G6120 bound headstock, vintage-style open-back standard tuning machines, Graph Tech® NuBone® nut, pearloid Hump Block inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and a Bigsby® B60 vibrato tailpiece.
This resplendent instrument comes in standout Orange Stain, Snowcrest White and Walnut Stain finishes, complete with gold pickguard and gold hardware.
It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud.
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Electromatic Hollow Body
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Bracing: Trestle Block
- Body Binding: White with B/W/B Purfling
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.25"
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Classic "C"
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 24.6"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech Nubone
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Hump Block
- Side Dots: Black
- Headstock Binding: White
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic with Secured Laurel Base
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B60
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open Back
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch and Electromatic Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Bridge Pickup: FT-5E Filter'Tron
- Neck Pickup: FT-5E Filter'Tron
- Pickup Color: Gold
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume with Treble Bleed, Master Tone
- Pickup Switch: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
The Sims Music
Every guitar purchase comes with our exclusive Sims Music Advantage. The Sims Music Advantage includes free instrument inspection, setup, picks, polish cloth, t-shirt, and warranty claims assistance.