Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The ultimate overwound medium-output Stratocaster pickup (SSL-5), this is the single-coil in the bridge position of the David Gilmour Signature Fender Stratocaster.
David Gilmour needed a pumped-up sound for his famous Black Strat, so Seymour wound what became the Custom Staggered medium-output Stratocaster pickup. It has been, and continues to be, an honor to work with such a legend. The Custom Staggered is a special overwound single-coil that strikes a great balance between increased output and classic Stratocaster tonal character. It will deliver bigger, fatter chords, and will cut through the mix more clearly than a traditional Strat pickup, all the while maintaining the magic and mojo that make a Strat sound like a Strat. Single notes are bold and loud, and solos truly sing. Use in the bridge position with a pair of Vintage Staggered Strat pickups in the neck and middle for the Gilmour-approved setup. Use a Custom Staggered RWRP in the middle for noiseless setup in positions 2 and 4.
The Custom Staggered Strat pickup is also available in a 7-string version. The bobbins are built with hand-ground Alnico 5 rod magnets, lacquered and wound, and are wax potted for squeal-free performance. We use modern oval Forbon flatwork (non-triangular) which enables this pickup to fit into any guitar that is routed for single coils.
- Neck/Middle/Bridge position models will have the same output, wind direction and magnetic polarity.
- Middle RwRP position (reverse wind/reverse polarity) – choose this to have a pickup that will be hum-cancelling with one of our neck or bridge models.
- All sets, except the Jimi Hendrix signature model, come with a Middle RWRP as the Middle Pickup.
- Left- for some models with vintage staggered pole pieces, we offer a left-handed option. The stagger will be reversed for left-handed players.
- Tapped- High output models may have a “tap” option available. An additional lead wire is placed midway through the coil wind, allowing wiring to a push-pull pot or mini-toggle switch to give an additional vintage output level option.