Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
One of the distinctive traits of maple as a tonewood is its sonic transparency, which makes it wonderfully player-reflective. On this Taylor 614ce guitar in maple & spruce, a torrefied (specially roasted) Sitka spruce top and our tone-enhancing V-Class bracing take that natural versatility to a whole new level. Whatever the player brings to the guitar comes through—it can be played to sound warm or bright. The roasting process for the top elicits a more played-in tone, and together with the V-Class bracing gives the player a more expressive tool in the form of increased dynamic range, greater projection, longer sustaining notes, and more harmonic agreement with chords up the entire fretboard. The 614ce also stands out as one of the most touch-sensitive models in the entire Taylor acoustic line. Whether you play fingerstyle arrangements or strum in alternate tunings, whatever your preferred musical style, this guitar pays musical dividends on what you put into it. Aesthetic touches include a hand-rubbed Brown Sugar stain that highlights the rich figure of the maple back and sides, along with ebony binding, a paua abalone rosette trimmed with ebony and ivoroid, and our Wings fretboard and peghead inlays in grained ivoroid. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell case.
- Grand Auditorium Shape: Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- Expression System® 2: The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Venetian Cutaway: The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
- V-Class Bracing: A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut and Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class with Relief Rout
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: Macassar Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Top/Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
The Sims Music
Every guitar purchase comes with our exclusive Sims Music Advantage. The Sims Music Advantage includes free instrument inspection, setup, picks, polish cloth, t-shirt, and warranty claims assistance.