Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
The Shure BETA®87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
HOW IT WORKS
One of the world’s best-selling, single-element, condenser mic, the BETA 87A puts singers on a pedestal. Tailored frequency response concentrates on the upper midrange to raise vocal presence in the mix. So voices cut through clearly and resonate deeply with your audience.